Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Write-Up : Digital Detox


Recently came across this expression, found it quite intriguing and it got me pondering.

Before we get super emotional and scramble around to find those long forgotten letter pads and envelopes, lets pore over the idea a bit, shall we?

Apart from the nostalgic element that would obviously take us down the cliched and much trodden memory lane (my shoes are already worn out now that the wrong side of forty is fast approaching, digital detox or not ) does it really collect any points in expediency?

Isn't is so much more easier to click that open-mouthed emoji to let your friends know that you are wowed?

So much more quicker to wall your feelings on their timelines to let them know that they are in your thoughts? (Well...now and then I promise)

So much more gratifying to post your thoughts and receive immediate accolades?

Selfies, groupies, check-ins, check-outs, new houses, new cars, new kids, new spouses (:D).....not necessarily  in that order of course!!!

Its all so instantaneous and super convenient, isn't it?

Having said all that, I am not completely against the idea either. I have already found the proverbial letter pad and envelope.

Hell!! I need to Whats-app my friends for their addresses. Google my way to the Post Office.So much for the start of Digital Detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment